Mobile Phone Security Checklist
Remember that good “device hygiene” is important to avoid degraded performance, but also to avoid security risks. Here’s a quick list of actions to periodically check to make sure your device is healthy and well-maintained.
- Digital cleaning: Remove any unused apps.
- Respect access: Review app permissions.
- Secured: Install or update anti-virus software.
- Locked: Turn on password protection and lock screen when inactive.
- Wi-fi security: Install and use a VPN.
- Updated: Enable auto-update for security patches
- Backed up: Enable automatic backups or perform your own backups to the cloud and/or another device.