In our increasingly Internet-connected world, all businesses now need to ensure their sensitive data and networks are secure. Human error is the biggest weakness that cyber attacks exploit, which means every person in the workplace has a role to play in security.
Here are some tips for safe habits that any employee can start practicing today:
- Use strong passwords (longer is better!) and change them regularly.
- Keep your sensitive login credentials private.
- Be very wary of opening emails and attachments from sources that you don’t recognize.
- Don’t install software or connect hardware to your business’s network without permission.
- When working from home, make sure your Internet connection is secure.